Sunday, February 24, 2008

Billy's Diary Entry No.4

An update on the planning for my tour. After speaking to my main contact Alexey in Belarus, the planning is going really well.

I was going to hire a car to drive around Belarus, but I now have a driver for the month. Yuri runs a foster home in Bobrusjk, fostering 18 children with his wife Ludmilla. He has offered to drive me around. I'll then pay the cost of the fuel, and the original cost of hiring the car (approx £500) will go to Yuri, this will be a huge help towards his family.

Yuri has many contacts around Belarus so will always have somewhere to stay in the many towns and villages we visit. I have asked if it's possible to stay in the same places as Yuri, I will then give those families my money rather than any hotels.

I now have approx 30 shows booked for orphanages and schools. I'll be visiting at least 3 hospitals.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a WiFi connection while I'm there, but I will be able to get to an Internet cafe from time to time. So please keep popping back here to read the latest information with photos of the various orphanages and hospitals etc.
The balloons, approx 10,000, are already packed. The magic is boxed up and ready. I also have 1000 'Billy Wiz' postcards, 1000 badges, colouring pictures, small magic tricks, all ready to give away to the children to make their magical experience the best!
It not long now, only two weeks to go, to say I'm really excited would be an understatement.
My next post will be from somewhere in Belarus.
Best wishes,
Graeme (Billy Wiz)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi g! i cant wait to read your blog and see all the pictures of the children ! have a safe journey and a wonderful wonderful timeand ill see you when we`re both back in old blighty!
karen from fantasyfaces xxxxxxxxxxxxxx