Saturday, February 9, 2008

Billy's Diary Entry No.2

Well, the planning is going really well. I've spoken to Alexey, my contact in Belarus. Alexey works for the UK based charity Chernobyl Children's Life Line and is in charge of all their admin etc in Belarus. On my previous visits, he has helped on many occasions with translating.

Alexey has been helping me to organise a schedule while in Belarus.

At the moment, during the 28 day tour, I'll be visiting:
14 orphanages
3 hospitals - 1 of them twice
2 schools
1 foster home - 16 children are fostered at this home

I'll also be traveling for up to 8 hours a day for six days between towns and villages.

After performing a show at the orphanages, I'll then be spending the whole day mixing with the children making all of them balloons as well as trying to talk to them in their own Russian language.

My favourite orphanage from previous visits is 'Orphanage Number 6'. One thing that quite surprised me in Belarus is the fact that they don't have names, just numbered 1, 2, 3 etc. They also seem to be hidden away from the main highways.

Below are pictures from my favourite orphanage.




The areas of Belarus I'll be visiting are:

  • Minsk (Capital)
  • Divin
  • Luninec
  • Gomel
  • Brobrujsk
  • Mogil'ov
  • Minsk

Best wishes - Keep Smiling :)

Graeme (Billy Wiz)

No comments: