Sunday, May 25, 2008

Comment by Emazdad

I'm knackered just reading about what Billy's been up to in Belarus, I know that over the next few rounds of golf when he returns I'll get a first hand account of his travels, I'm going to have to convince Billy to turn his blog into a book which I'm sure would be a best seller.

Billy's trip isn't qute over, but I wanted to take this opportunity to say a few words.

People often go on about Princess Di, and other rich celebrities and the charitable work they do, but in my mind it's people like Billy, and the 1000's of other ordinary people who work tirlessly in their own time and often like Billy spending their own money to help others who are the real heros.

I'd like to thank everyone that has donated money and helped Billy reach his £5000 target to fund this years trip, since we started the appeal we've been stunned by the warmth and generousity of the people who've helped us achieve this goal, Every donation no matter how big or small is gratefully recieved, so thank you all for making my best mates dream of helping these kids come true.

I'm very proud of what he's achieved over there and so proud to able to call Billy my best mate. I look forward to helping him raise money for his future trips, he wants to go over there at least once a year. Our next main fundraiser is the variety show in August, hopefully we'll see a lot of you there it's going to be great fun.

Thanks Everyone

Clive "Emazdad"

No comments: